Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

State of the Author, and a little silliness

 Hello all,


I’m still here, still getting my daily oxygen fix. :-)

Sorry about the lack of posting, my day job has been far more hectic than anticipated.

I’m still plugging away on Book 4, which I’ve decided will be titled ‘The Lone Star, The Red Banner, and the Rising Sun’. No publication date at this time.

In other publication news, as soon as I get confirmation that the rights have reverted back to me, I will be cleaning up and publishing two short stories that I wrote some time ago. Stay tuned for updates on that.

And now for the silliness. This is something I wrote  after having to go get a new parking permit for the community I live in. What can I say, it was hot and I was feeling silly that day…


And it came to pass in those days that a Decree went out from the Owner of the Community that all the renter's vehicles should be enrolled. (Now this was the first enrollment while Abbott was Governor of Texas.)

 

So then did D.A., of the House of Brock, take up his burden for the arduous pilgrimage, travelling without companionship as he liveth with none other.

 

After a journey of many yards did the fabled Office of Management come into sight. This heartened the weary Traveller, and he sped his steps thither. After a short time did he pass through the gates of the magnificent edifice, whereupon he was ushered into the presence of the Property Manager.

 

After making the proper obesiance and telling the purpose of his journey, the Traveller's petition was accepted by the Property Manager, who duly made the appropriate notations in the Rolls of the Community, presenting the token of the pilgrim's obediance to the Decrees of Management.

 

Pleased and relieved that the quest had been completed, the Traveller sped his steps Homeward, and upon arrival did he without delay affix the Token of Obediance to his faithful steed, the noble F-150 of the House of Ford. Thus was the vehicle assured of a place in the Lot of Parking.

 

This done, the weary Traveller returned to his normal daily tasks.


Copyright 2024 D.A. Brock

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're still around and thank you for the update and replying to my email yesterday. Now that you've mentioned the Red Banner, that tells me Stalin's Soviet Union is going to be playing a part in book 4. Can't wait to see how their involvement plays out and how the Republic of Texas is going to handle the Commies. If I remember correctly, Karl doesn't think very highly of Commies as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just speculation on my part, but it's also possible that the "Red Banner" is one flown by China's Mousy Dung.

      Delete
    2. To quote one of my favorite authors, Tum, te tum, te tum… :-)

      Delete
  2. What a relief I’m glad I wasn’t the only fan who was worried if you were still with us. And I can’t wait to see what my favorite one eyed vice-admiral does next and what happens to that traitor Grayson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Brock, have you thought about creating something on discord or Twitter where fans can get in contact with one another and fellowship together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion.

      Unfortunately I really don’t have time to do that, and I don’t have a Twitter/X or Facebook account at this time. Perhaps at some point in the future that may change.

      Delete